Re: BrailleNote Checkbook project

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:44:44 -0400

Last I heard Humanware was pretty explicit in that there'd be no SDK for anyone not named Sendero. The fathomless bounds of such ignorance I'll leave for another post. That said, is there any reason for optimism that this may not always be the case? I nagged Humanware back when they were PUlsedata about the SDK. I guess about 2007 I got tired of asking.

On 08/17/2010 11:58 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi fellow programmers,
I and Alex hall are interested in creating KeySoft version of Blazie
notetakers' Checkbook software. The tentative plan is to use technology used
on Money Talks or similar programs and use KeySoft interface on top of it.
In software terms:
* Create a class called "check" that will encapsulate an int of check
number, double for check amount and strings for recipient and comments.
* Perhaps create a container class called bank account that will have a
vector or an array of checks, as well as bank name and a history of checks.
* Get user input, pressing ENTER on each prompt and storing user values in
the check object.
* Allow users to move between items in a checkbook history records.
As always, we need heolp from seasoned programmers - most for those who are
C+= or Java programmers to help us out with this project. Our plan is to
first create a desktop console app (mostly to simulate using Checkbook on
KeySoft), then port this to BrailleNote if the SDK is ever released. We are
basing this program on Excel Mobile workbook created for PAC Mate users
which simulates writing and storing check records. any assistance with this
project would be appreciated (we'll give you credit in the documentation).
Thanks for your considerations.
Sincerely,
Joseph s. Lee
University of California, Riverside