Re: Blind Programming, Workshop 1, Narrated Video

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:38:55 -0400

I think Sina has put some work into something like this, but I'll let him say more if he chooses to. Would be very cool!

On 09/09/2010 03:35 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
While reading through this thread, there was something that just jump
out and grabbed me:

"In our
implementation, we bypass the Java access bridge and worked with
Oracle to write our own screen reader, ..."  Any way to use this
screen reader you have crafted on other jvm applications?  Open office
perhaps? Or, is it specific only to your language and netbeans?  It
would be awesome to find a screen reader taht ran on a jre and that
worked with applicaitons that were java-based.  It could potentially
be the first multiplatform screen reader.  How feasible is this?  Wish
I knew Java!

Alex M

On 9/5/10, Chris Hofstader<cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
We have a lot of languages with a lot of debuggers around the GNU world. If
you send me mail at my cdh@xxxxxxx address, I can probably find a list of
free software language and debugger implementations that you can look into.
I'm not sure I'll know where to find all of this but I can poke around until
I find someone who does.
On Sep 3, 2010, at 11:04 AM, DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26 wrote:

I have an idea, wherever and whenever possible give open source top
priority in debugger development work.  If commercial vendors want your
research team to work on their debuggers make sure you get two donations,
one to help defray costs for open source debugger development and the
second donation in terms of both funding and technical assistance to be
put towards doing the actual commercial accessibile debugger development
work.