Re: Beginner in trying to program with C/C++

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:13:01 +0200

Hi Don,

Since your goal is to practice programming in the C and C++ languages, and
since you have experience with coding PHP with a text editor, I would
recommend you keep that approach of using a text editor for now, and
compiling your code with a command line C/C++ compiler.

Search for free or open source c and c++ compilers for windows -- there are
a few out there. Once you've mastered the syntax and object features of the
language through simple command line programs you will be much more suited
to move on to a full blown IDE like eclipse or Visual Studio which poses
enough of a challenge on it's own -- even for sighted people!

HTH,
Kerneels

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Donald Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Yes the Professional version of Visual Studio handles all .Net languages
> and provides more tools for deployment and the like.  Microsoft also offers
> totally free versions of Visual Studio Express for most languages.  I have
> several installed on my computer, Visual Basic, C# and C++.  To download you
> will need an email account on live.com.  All of the Express downloads are
> on one page and include an ISO file that can be used to locally install
> several languages.
>
> Don Marang

Kerneels Roos
Cell/SMS: +27 (0)82 309 1998