Beginner in trying to program with C/C++

  • From: taylor scott <taylor9209@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:08:04 -0500

Hello everyone.
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm having troubles.
I would like to start to practice programming in the C language.
I am using Windows Vista and JFW.

I've been trying to use a program called Eclipse, but had no luck with it.
The first time I tried using it, I could not create a C or a C++
project. I eventually deleted it from my machine.
I then redownloaded eclipse, but this one looks like it is for Java
programming, so thats no good either lol.

Can someone point me in the right direction on getting something set up?
I'm used to HTML, PHP, ETC, using notepad, saving, and viewing, so
this is confusing to me.

Can I get a link on what to download, steps on getting setup for
C/C++, and any tips on maxumizing its accessibility?

Thanks for the help.