Re: Auditory Code Completion - any good ideas?

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:28:45 -0700

Well, this might be a bit ambitious, Andreas, but... There are times
when we as blind people need to make pictorial representations &
charts. I'd like to see a system like turtle graphics implemented in
sodbeans (did u ever play w/that?) &, in addition, I'd like to get
audio feedback of what I'm drawing--thus, if I draw a diagonal line
from the lower left to the upper right of the screen, the sound would
start out low in my left ear, then increase in pitch & pan toward the
right till it reached its destination. Logo also has a "label"
command, whereby u could write text at a given point. It might not
make visual representations accessible to us, but it would allow us to
communicate w/our sighted colleagues in that way.

Sorry if this wasn't exactly what you're lookin for.

On 5/23/11, DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
<jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What would be even scarier would be if you had set the auditory
> completions to speak in your own voice and the computer refused to do so
> and put out another voice.

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Jaws Scripting training materials:
www.screenreaderscripting.com