Re: Any news on 64Bit Scrfeen Reader

  • From: "Bryan Schulz" <b.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:50:15 -0500

hi,

how about english!
Bryan Schulz
The BEST Solution
www.best-acts.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Hofstader
  To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:29 AM
  Subject: RE: Any news on 64Bit Scrfeen Reader

  There are betas of Serotek System Access and their no cost "To Go" version
that run on 64 bit Vista, I don't know about the different versions of Windows
servers though.  The libertyware NVDA also runs in 64 bit Vista but I don't
know much more about its status right now.

  I'd recommend giving both of these a try as, at zero dollars per unit, the
price is definitely right.   I'm not sure if either of these possible solutions
are robust enough, though, to provide you with an adequate level of support for
your job.

  Employees at both FS and GW have told me that they are working on the problem
but, as I predicted in a recent blog post, their dependence on low level
hooking and undocumented hacks will cause them to take a bit longer to get the
code fixed.  FS and GW may also require one to pay for the upgrade which is
probably not a problem for someone in a professional environment.

  Happy Hacking,
  cdh

  Chris Hofstader
  CUNY, BSO, ATG, Odds and Ends