Re: An introduction to XML User Interface Language (XUL)

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:51:38 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having trouble understanding what XUL is (after some web reading),
so hope someone can clarify.  Is it a programming language, an API, a
markup language?  If one develops an application with XUL, is that the
language used or something else?  If the latter, what other languages
work with it at present?

Is a XUL application browser based?  Does it only work with Firefox at
present?

If anyone would be willing to contribute a fruit basket program using
XUL, that would help make it more concrete and able to be compared with
other development approaches.

Jamal