[program-l] uefi and legacy, help!

  • From: "germano carella" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("gcarella")
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:15:26 +0100

Hi to all,

I had my pc running windows insider, and I installed windows 11, for using ws2 graphic interface.

Unfortunately, I had to reinstall windows.

Now, when I access win 10 settings / update and security, I read that I can't install windows 11 'cause my windows 10 boots in legacy mode, not uefi.

With help of sighted User, I entered my bios settings and I discovered my bios boot option is set to "uefi and legacy"; other options are: "leacy onli" and "uefi onli".

I suspect the problem is that my primary disk is formatted with mbr, not gpt.

Now, I think I can keep my bios setting to uedi and legacy, and operate only on disk.

There is a way to perform a uefi conversion without help of sighted user?

Any idea?

Germano

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq