[program-l] Re: quick python question

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:59:31 -0600

hello,
Here's the code I have:
The weird thing is when I do something like:
eval ch.level=50
it seems to not work, but I can get ch.level
def cmd_eval(ch, cmd, arg):
if not len(arg):
 ch.send("Eval what, exactly?")
 return
ch.send("=>"+str( eval(arg,globals(),locals())))
ideas would be great.
thanks,

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:57:49 -0600
From: Tyler Littlefield <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [program-l] quick python question

Hello list,
I'm working on a mud that uses python as it's scripting language, and had a quick question.
Is it possible to evaluate python code?
Like, from within the mud I'd like to do something like:
eval (find_char("azar")).level=100
and have azar's level be set to 100.