[program-l] Re: mobile game engines like unity

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 07:44:50 -0700

Ok, great, thanks folks!

Stefik

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Brandon Keith Biggs <
brandonkeithbiggs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
for BGT, checkout the developer form at Audiogames.net:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewforum.php?id=28

It is pretty functional, so if you like braces and lots of functions, BGT
is the way to go. I have never gon past the first section, but I didn't
find the manual very helpful. I found python much much better and
wide-ranging.
The good thing with BGT though is that it is focused on gaming and that is
all. So you won't be making any email cliants with it.
I like panda3d or pyglet though because you can make just about anything
in them, you are not limited to just the built-in scripts. A real language
trumps a script language every time.
thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://www.brandonkeithbiggs.com/>
On 3/31/2015 11:18 PM, Sharon Hooley wrote:

Hi,

Speaking of game-developing engines, has anyone used the Bgt kit? If so,
how much knowledge of programming would one need to work with it?

Thanks,

Sharon H.** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq
<program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq>]