[program-l] Re: Vs 2008 - boring errors list appears automatically on typing

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:06:55 +0100

Hi,

I don't know of a way to stop this altogether.  However, if you run the
accessibility macro to maximise all windows in the environment, you can
easily close the error list with ctrl+f4.  Once I've done that, I tend to
find the error list doesn't appear quite so often without being called up
using ctrl+backslash followed by ctrl+E.

Also, if you're using the MSENV2005 JAWS scripts, I think there is a
keystroke added which will close the error list for you.  I think it's
shift+alt+H, but you'll need to double check that.

It does get a little frustrating at first when the error list keeps
appearing unbidden.  But eventually you just get used to dismissing it and
getting on with coding.  If nothing else, it does keep you on your toes, as
you soon learn to try and avoid invalid syntax. <smile>

All the best,

David