[program-l] Re: Release version of jaws 11 with VS.Net 2008, and the current jaws scripts

  • From: "J. R. Westmoreland" <jr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 08:45:17 -0600

Jacob,

I put the following code in the AutoStartEvent() function of msenv.jss and
then all the scripts run find for 2005 and 2008.

if (GetProgramVersion (GetAppFilePath ()) == 9)then ;we are in VS.NET 2008
        SwitchToConfiguration ("msenv2005")
        return
EndIf

It is basically duplicating a small block of code that automatically handles
2005. If we can get FS to install that block in their scripts by default
then we would have it very nice indeed.

Second, is anyone using windows 7 with VS2005. I installed it and got a
message about compatibility and after fighting my way through everything to
a successful install now get a message telling me that some functionality
will not work without admin privs.
So, being a cooperative soul, I run it with admin privs and find that all
the scripts are not loading. Well, after a bit of checking and fiddling with
things I find that it is running a completely different image, what's with
that one?
If anyone has successfully done this please let me know.

Thanks,
J. R.