[program-l] Release version of jaws 11 with VS.Net 2008, and the current jaws scripts

  • From: Jacob Kruger <Jacob.Kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:06:33 +0200

Ok, while what I suppose was previously my most common keystroke to be used,
Ctrl + Alt + L, still seems to bring up the jaws context menu, and I will now
have to use the standard MS key chord combo of Ctrl + W, S, which does seem to
work, and while haven't tried out too many other bits of functionality, it does
seem like VS.Net 2008 is usable with the release version of jaws 11.0.729,
including simple things like the control position keystrokes like
Ctrl/Shift/Alt + numpad 5, and, FWIW, the standard FS jaws scripts for VS,
which still say they're targeting VS.Net 2003, don't really work too well with
VS.Net 2008 since the standard keystrokes they mention in the jaws key + H
dialogue don't seem to do their intended functionality as such, but anyway...

Will also still have to try out the release version of jaws 11 along with WPF a
bit more, but let's see since I think my app that was trying to make use of
SayTools crashed just now after a little bit of tabbing around it's primary
interface, but let's see, since didn't try any debugging, and haven't really
implemented any error handling as such.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
jacob.kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx