[program-l] Re: RSA SecurID

  • From: "Richard Bartholomew" <richard_bartholomew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:31:50 +0000

Hi,

I use RSA SecurID Sfotware Token v3 and it works pretty well!  However,
once on the screen to input your password, if you ALT+TAB away from it,
you can't get back to it again as no screenreader can regain focus.  I use
Autohotkey to overcome this if it happens.

The client connects to a central RSA database within your organisation to
authenticate.

Richard Bartholomew
Senior Technician
ISOS Enterprise Middleware
Standard Life Employee Services Limited
http://www.standardlife.com

Tel:    +44 (0)131 245 1667

"Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: program-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/12/2010 15:34
Please respond to
program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[program-l] RSA SecurID

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with an accessibility alternative to using the
little hardware RSA SecurID token often used to authenticate into VPNs?

I thought possibly there's a software version? The closest I see is
something that can be deployed for the iPhone/iPod products, but I believe
that the RSA provider actually has to deploy it, an end user cannot just
install the app and use it without the IT department's support. Anyone
know
if I am correct?
Thanks.

This e-mail is confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient,
please return it to us and do not retain or disclose it. We filter and
monitor e-mails in order to protect our system and the integrity,
confidentiality and availability of e-mails. We cannot guarantee that
e-mails are risk free and are not responsible for any related damage or
unauthorised alteration of e-mails by third parties after sending.

For more information on Standard Life group, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

Standard Life plc (SC286832), Standard Life Assurance Limited* (SC286833)
and Standard Life Employee Services Limited (SC271355) are all registered
in Scotland at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH.
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 0131 225
2552. Calls may be recorded/monitored. Standard Life group includes
Standard Life plc and its subsidiaries.

Please consider the environment. Think - before you print.