[program-l] PHP Help Please

  • From: Edgar Lozano <1419goku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 16:53:58 -0500

Hello everyone,
I'm wondering whether someone can give a suggestion on creating a PHP
page that generates different webpages with MySQL.
For example, I have a couple of MySQL tables that contain certain
information, and I want to query it in order to display content for
each page according to the entry's ID.
Then, I could run it through a loop and write generic content for each entry.
Here is what I have come up with so far:
<?php
$servername = "localhost";
$serveruser = "user";
$serverpassword = "password";
$connect = mysql_connect($servername, $serveruser, $serverpassword);
$db = mysql_select_db("database", $connect);
?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML
<head>
<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM songs";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
if($row['ID'] == $_GET['id'])
{
echo "<title>" . $row['title'] . " - Music</title>";
}
else
{
echo "
<title>Music - RealRandomRadio</title>
";
}
}
?>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.css" />
<link rel="alternate" href="rss/index.php" title="RSS"
type="application/rss+xml" />
</head>
Page content goes here.</p>
<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM songs";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
if($_GET['id'] == $row['ID'])
{
echo "
Your currently listening to " . $row['title'] . ".";
}
}
$query = "SELECT * FROM songs";
$result = mysql_query($query);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$ID = $row['ID'];
$title = $row['title'];
$artist = $row['artist'];
$URL = $row['URL'];
$views = $row['views'];
echo "
<h2>" . $title . "</h2>
" . $ID . "<br><br>
" . $artist . "<br>
}
?>

I know that I made possibly two unnecessary loops, but I can't wrap my
head around another solution that would work.
If someone could please assist me with figuring out something that
could make this simpler or improve it, I would greatly appreciate it!

--
Thanks for reading.
Have a good day.