[program-l] Re: NVDA addon developer-toolkit 0.2.0-beta now available!

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob.kruger.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:05:01 +0200

Tested/tried it out under firefox 67.0.

There's nothing showing up under the input gestures dialogue, which I would expect to render these commands, and, FWIW, I do also have, for example, the mozilla apps enhancements add-on installed, in case relevant.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2019-06-13 2:24 PM, Andy Borka wrote:

Did you use it under firefox? It is beta, and I haven't assigned the shortcuts to a category yet.

On 6/13/2019 8:13 AM, jacob kruger wrote:
Andy, trying this out under NVDA 2019.2 beta 1, and, none of the keystrokes mentioned seem to do anything, and, if I look under settingss, there's nothing there, and, neither are any of these keystrokes showing up under input gestures?

This is on windows 10 64 bit 1903 - sure not relevant, but, thought may as well mention it.

On 2019-06-11 3:42 PM, Andy Borka wrote:
Hi everyone!

After much work, and rework on developer toolkit over the past week or so, I am ready to announce the availability of developer toolkit 0.2.0-beta! Developer toolkit 0.2.0-beta introduces new and exciting features such as the ones listed below.

* Navigate the DOM while viewing a live page in the browser!

* DOM navigation features include:

    - Move to document root

    - Move to next sibling

    - Move to previous sibling

    - Move to first child

    - Move to parent

* When moving to a new object on the page, developer toolkit will announce the provided tag and the HTML id attribute associated with the object. If an id attribute is not present, developer toolkit will use the IA2 unique ID found in the system. In the event a tag is not present such as text directly typed into a div or other tags, developer toolkit will alert you about a missing tag associated with the text.

* Have you ever needed to know the size of the text block inside of an edit field or div? Developer toolkit will allow the user to drill down into controls that allow text blocks without tags. No more worries about edit fields or divs that are too large for their content!

* Developer toolkit will put focus on elements not designed to have focusable states. Examples include divs, text directly typed into controls or divs, used for layout purposes.

* Pressing a shortcut key will have NVDA speak a summary of the focused objects. Currently, the summary includes child count, sibling count, height and width.

* Pressing a shortcut key will bring up a detailed report of the control in a virtual buffer. At the moment, it only shows the focused object's size and position. Other information will be added in future updates.

* NVDA will announce a message indicating that navigation in the DOM is not possible when outside of the page content. Such places include Firefox menus and other dialogs.

The newest download: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/raw/master/developer-toolkit-0.2.0-beta.nvda-addon

Github repository: https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq