[program-l] Re: JAWS: How Can I Retrieve the MSAA Info Available from Home Row Plus F9 Using a Script?

  • From: Doug Lee <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:49:19 -0400

I think the question was already answered, but just for completeness:
You may get a Ding if calling getCurrentObject(0) because the
parameter to getCurrentObject is by-reference.  A better plan is
getCurrentObject(childID), where childID is an integer variable.

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:10:31PM -0400, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
You might try positioning a cursor on the object of interest and then
calling
Let o = GetCurrentObject(0)
You should then be able to query various properties of the MSAA parent
object just created, e.g., o.AccChildCount to get the number of child
elements and o.AccName(7) to get the name of the seventh one.

Jamal