[program-l] Re: If you had to work on a web project with lots of microservices that does not have an accessible ui, How do you find which part of the code needs change or has bug?

  • From: Karl-Otto Rosenqvist <karl-otto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 17:03:57 +0100

Hi!
My experience is that the dev tools in Microsoft Edge is hard to use with NVDA. Perhaps it's because I don't have enough experience and knowledge of where to look.
I'm partly sighted and have tried to inspect elements but I feel that it's very hard to do with a screen reader. Perhaps it is easier if you know the keyboard shortcuts to jump between the dev tools window/pane and the page itself?

Perhaps it's a similar problem that hamidreza abroshan experiences?

Regards

Karl-Otto

Karl-Otto Rosenqvist
MAWINGU
Orgnr: 750804-3937
0701- 75 98 56
karl-otto@xxxxxxxxxx
https://mawingu.se

Den 2022-01-17 kl. 15:37, skrev travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

SO are you saying the web application is inaccessible? Or the dev tools are?

If the web application is inaccessible that seems a whole problem on its own.

I guess if you really wanted you could try to automate executing steps in the web application using something like Selenium. But it sure sounds like an uphill battle if the application’s UI is inaccessible to that extreme.