[program-l] Good news relating to WPF and jaws 11

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Program-l" <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:36:08 +0200

Ok, while my actual work machine crashed due to some or other hard drive failure today, I just downloaded jaws 11.0.734, and tried it out on my primary home machine along with a WPF project in VS.Net 2008 Express, after making sure Jamal's scripts were still in place and recompiling them just in case, and I can now edit WPF XAML markup again since it's now again speaking when moving through the tags, elements and attributes as it had been doing in jaws 10 previously, and did a quick test and it does seem to be using AutomationProperties.HelpText etc. when then running the app like it seemed to want to do, so whatever they changed over from 11.0.729 to 11.0.734, it's something good.

Lastly, not necessarily relevant, but when they sort out my actual work machine, they should now hopefully be loading it with windows 7 as well, so will then be able to see how that affects everything in terms of interface renditions, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA