[program-l] GUI Interface to SQLite application advice?

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:20:45 -0400

It looks to me like SQLite might be a suitable database solution for me as an
alternative to MS-Access since I can't seem to get the hang of that interface.

I was thinking then that to form the application into a familiar Windows
programme that maybe Python with WX Widgets might be appropriate?

I am however confused about what all I need.

I read that SQLite can be had, if I understand it correctly, embedded into
Python. I thought I understood that there is also a WXPython and of course that
all three can be had as separate installations.

I want to keep all this installing and configuration as simple as possible. I
do realize I will need a decent text editor as well, probably something like
EdSharp.

So, after all that, can someone tell me what I need to begin pecking away at
setting up Windows style input screens to SQLite in this way and is it a
reasonable approach?

Thanks.

Dale Leavens.