[program-l] Re: Debugging in VS2008 (c++)

  • From: Mark Long <markalong64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 22:06:03 +0000

I personally use WinDbg and CDB for my debugging needs. Because they are
command line based, I would expect them to be quite accessible.
Of course, the command set is as friendly as a cornered rat and the learning
curve is like a cliff but once you master them, you will sneer with disdain at
any other debugger.
Mark

> Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:15:34 -0800
> Subject: [program-l] Re: Debugging in VS2008 (c++)
> From: soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx
> To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I'm not sure exactly what problem you're having. The problems I have
> experienced were mostly due to losing track of where the next
> statement is.
>
> I added a color trigger for that (Black/Kahki 2) and whenever the
> debugger breaks into code I use INS+Up arrow for speak current line.
>
> If the problem is that you are getting assertions deep in library code
> then you should use the call stack to figure out the last function you
> wrote.
> Note that last bit is an issue regardless of being sighted or not.
>
> On 5/26/10, Tim Burgess  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having trouble with Jaws tracking my current line in the code editor for
>> VS2008 when debugging an assertion. I'm using the FSI scripts, which may be
>> the problem, but the only other scripts are very old and for VS2005. Can
>> anybody offer any advice, please? I'm sure I can kill my bug easily if only
>> I could tell where I am.
>>
>> Best wishes.
>>
>> Tim Burgess
>> Raised Bar Ltd
>> Phone: +44 (0)1827 719822
>> Mobile: 07989 486976
>> Web: http://www.raisedbar.net
>> Facebook:
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atherstone-United-Kingdom/Raised-Bar-Ltd/12023
>> 4896800
>>
>> Don't forget to vote for improved access to music and music technology at
>>
>> http://www.raisedbar.net/petition.htm
>>

> --
> Soronel Haetir
> soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx