[procps] Re: top + library miscellaneous tweaks

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:10:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jim.

I'm going to look at these.

... and I have a question related to the SIGWINCH changes.
Surprise !!!
David Woodhouse created a bug report for the screen clearing
when exiting 'top'. He used to copy'n'paste the information
from the last shown listing remaining on the screen after
pressing 'q'. I tried to explain reasons why the change was
introduced, but after analysing the commit
'dedaf6e1a81738ff08ee8e8523871e12f555ad6d' I'm unsure
if the cleaning with putp(exit_ca_mode) was really inevitable.
I tried to disable the line just for testing purposes
and it prevented the screen from being clened in some cases,
but didn't help in other cases (like running 'top' from 'mc').
I'd like to know if you consider it a good idea to make this
configurable with switches or RC config. I don't even know
if it is easily possible.
If you don't like the idea of stirring this shit forever,
then let me know. I'll try to explain, that it's too much
effort for making everyone happy.
There still are other ways of copying the data from the 'top'
listing, so ...

Thanks,
Jaromir.

--
Jaromir Capik
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

Email: jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
IC: 27690016