[pradjs] IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

  • From: Saffron <saffronathon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pra dj's" <pradjs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:06:22 -0700

Hey all you DJ folks!

I wanted to let you know that you should all be *monitoring your show at
least once near the beginning of your show from now on*.  Mike and I cannot
monitor the stream for every show, although we do try.
Please give a check on your laptop or mobile device to see how your show
actually sounds to your audience, not just in the studio.

If you do not have a laptop or mobile device, this can be done by using the
itunes computer as well:
-using a source other than the itunes computer to run your show:
1.  set the airboard 'Computer' channel to "CUE" (which is the volume pushed
all the way down until it clicks)
2.  make sure your "CUE" level is turned up (volume knob on far right of
airboard)
3.  go to PRAradio.org and click the listen link (or select the stream from
iTunes music list)
4.  check to make sure the sound is of good quality, with no distortion

you should only need to do this once at the beginning of your show, just to
make sure you are sounding good.

if you find that there is distortion or the stream is too loud/quiet - *PLEASE
TEXT/CALL MIKE or SAFFRON!*
this is an easy fix and you shouldnt be doing your show with a f*cked up
stream.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to email me off-list

Thanks y'all!
Saffron