[pr0k] Thought for the day

  • From: Andy Burrows <Andy.Burrows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pr0k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:17:30 +0100

What evidence do you actually have that the past even happened - Any point
in the past, anywhere?  The only evidence of any weight people can propose
is a physical evidence, and even that can have holes torn through it - You
can take a person, put him in a square room and tell him that generations
before, the room was circular until God turned the room into a square.  That
past never happened, but if you got this person to write a book about it and
propagate a new civilisation, people would worship the changing of shape as
a miracle of a powerful God...  It's interesting.

I'm just thinking now...  It's like, what evidence do I actually have for
being in work since 9am?  I know my memory tells me I have been here since
then, but Alzheimer's destroys peoples memories so that is hardly a concrete
evidence.  Even if I had written the time down upon arriving, that could
have been fabricated...