[powerdot] Re: textheight ignored?

  • From: "Hendri Adriaens" <spotje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:45:54 +0100

\makeatletter
  \setlenght{\textareaheight}{\pd@@textheight}
\makeatother

Define (in the preamble) a macro that you can use on the first line of a slide:
\makeatletter
\newcommand\setmylength{%
 \setlength\textareaheight{\pd@@textheight}%
}
\makeatother

but it seems that this variable - or key, following my understandings of
xkeyval - is set only localy inside the style file.

It is variable over styles, so one slide to the other might change
yes, if the style changes.

I need this value because the text-area of my wideslide and slide
enviroments differ in height, and I want to give users the opportunity
to draw a pspicture with size (\textwidth x \textareaheight) for freely
placing things via \rput commands using positioning like ( 0.5\textwidth
x 0.8\textareaheight).

See an example below.

-Hendri.

\documentclass{powerdot}
\newlength\textareaheight
\newlength\textareawidth
\makeatletter
\newcommand\setmylengths{%
 \setlength\textareaheight\pd@@textheight
 \setlength\textareawidth\pd@@textwidth
}
\makeatother
\begin{document}
\begin{slide}{title}
\setmylengths
\psframe(0,0)(\textareawidth,-\textareaheight)
\end{slide}
\end{document}