[powerdot] Re: powerdot vs latex-beamer

  • From: Władysław Tomaszewicz <wtomasze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: powerdot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:02:05 +0200

I'm not looking for lengthy input because I could always just evaluate
both classes. I'm just wondering if there is an obvious reason to use
one or the other.

Thanks a lot,

  Julian Dibbelt

Hi Julian,

IMHO the more essential difference between the classes is as follows:

Beamer accepts two ways of compiling source files:

1. LATEX => DVI => PS => PDF (using LaTeX, Ghostscript and Ps2Pdf),
2. LATEX => PDF (using PDFLaTeX),

whereas Powerdot accepts only first way. So, if you want directly
include, e.g., *.jpeg pictures into presentation, you should use Beamer.

With best regards,

--

Dr hab. Wladyslaw Tomaszewicz

Faculty of Applied Physics and Mathematics
Gdansk University of Technology
80-952 Gdansk, Narutowicza 11/12, Poland
phone: +48 58 347 16 50
fax: +48 58 347 28 21
e-mail: wtomasze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/kfze/staff/WTomasze/Wtomasze.html