[pov] Re: SmartPhone-Kodak "lens" (WiFi) hybrid system

  • From: John Sage <jsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 22:34:11 -0700

On 08/12/2014 09:49 PM, Michael Elenko wrote:
The Flu Card
http://www.flu-card.com/flucard_pro/flucard_pro.html
is an SD card like EyeFi that provides wireless connectivity. I believe
they have a couple of iOS and Android apps that let you control any
camera via a phone or tablet. They also enable wireless sharing of
images among connected devices--other cameras, camcorders etc.
 From what I've read it is on the kludgy side to use, but I like the
concept.

I used my GoPro with the WiFi back as an A camera while shooting video of a couple performances at the Strawberry Festival. (My 5DM2 was hand-held as the B camera).

The GoPro is then controlled from my iPhone. Setup, video/still mode, video field-of-view, video preview, video start-stop. You can even turn off the GoPro itself (while the WiFi back stays on ... long story there, though) to save on battery.

Pretty slick.

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography

pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All replies default to the entire POV list.

To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the only one in the To: field of your email application.