[pov] Re: SmartPhone-Kodak "lens" (WiFi) hybrid system

  • From: Viv Ilo E Veith <vividweb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:52:52 -0700

Fascinating is right! It is only on pre-order. It will be interesting to see reviews as it starts getting used by real customers.

Ps. My sister shipped me my Mom's Lumix camera weeks ago. It hasn't arrived! First time ever that I have had a package not make it. It was insured but this is my very, very disorganized sister so she cannot find the receipt or tracking number!!

John Sage wrote:

On 08/12/2014 03:36 PM, James Culbertson wrote:

Interesting:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Kodak-PIXPRO-SL10/ci/25691/N/3887600004

It has a tripod mount and does not have to be directly fixed to a
smartphone.

Fascinating.

If I understand a quick read correctly, it uses WiFi and an app on the
iPhone to make the iPhone a viewfinder/controller.

- John