[pov] Re: Fwd: facebook alert

  • From: John Sage <jsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:39:37 -0700

On 11-04-27 05:34 PM, Michael Elenko wrote:
This is not totally accurate. It has been an internet rumor since July
2009 and gets recycled often.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/facebook.asp

This is all I need to know:

http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

"You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights,

like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License").

This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it."

Let's repeat that:

"..you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content.."

There's nothing that I've seen in any of my privacy settings that nullifies this license.

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography