[pov] Re: EOS 5D main mirror detachment, was Re: Canon Equipment Sale

  • From: Randy Green <rgreeniwa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:27:13 -0700

I have a 5D that I got in February that started locking up & displaying an Error 20 message [mechanical malfunction]. I sent it to Canon & it was there for just under a week. They repaired it & sent it right back, so it was gone for a total of about 10 or 11 days. They were pretty prompt, I thought.

The note from the repair facility said that a cam gear had come loose & they replaced it.

Now I only hope they reinforced the mirror while it was there!

Other than this, it's a superb camera, BTW.

Randy Green

On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:46 AM, John Sage wrote:

hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Wow, that doesn't sound like a lot of fun.  How long do you think the
repairs will take?

mmm.. that's kinda the next question.

Guess I'm going into Glazer's tomorrow as a starting point...

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography