[PigeonRing-PML] PIGEONS-LIST Digest - 18 Mar 2008 to 19 Mar 2008 (#2008-79)

  • From: Cliff <pigeonring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pml-pigeonring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PML Freelist <pigeonring-pml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:34:14 -0400

Subject:
PIGEONS-LIST Digest - 18 Mar 2008 to 19 Mar 2008 (#2008-79)
From:
PIGEONS-LIST automatic digest system <LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:01:42 -0400

Topics of the day:

  1. Moyer Feed: (8)
  2. ADMIN: PML will be merging to new host (2)
  3. White stock and all other colors (3)
  4. Lonette and Harry. The Odd couple. (3)
  5. GENINFO Skin Colouration (2)
  6. A working class pigeon (2)
  7. Joined to Learn (2)
  8. Breeders that change the face of the fancy
  9. Lonette and Harry ,the odd couple LOL Harry joining PETA???
 10. Lonette to Harry (2)
 11. Lonette to Ken (2)
 12. Lonette to John L.
 13. Lonette to John S.
 14. Pigeon Feed
 15. FW: Moyer Feed: (2)
 16. the movie is geat

Moyer Feed:
From:
Tommy Axson <taxson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:44:58 -0400

Jackie, the price I pay for Moyer feed will be different than what is
charged in Florida, due to the mileage/freight. Quoting my price will be of
little value as some of the guys that are picking it up in Pa. have already
posted their prices and it's less than what I pay. We primarily use
Conditioner/Breeder with/without corn, and European supreme plus all the
different seeds (hemp, red wheat, barley, white kafir, safflower etc.) I
also use their 20% protein pellets on my pigeons and my show bantams. I
would think a call to Moyer & Sons would get you a distributor in your area
IF there is one? Again maybe someone on the list knows more than I ? I
talked with the driver yesterday, when he delivered and their trucks are NOT
making the run to Florida I think that run is hired out? <hta>

Date:    Tue, 18 Mar 2008 05:52:04 -0700
From:    HARRY HILL <hjhill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lonette and Harry. The Odd couple.

Bruce;

        yep, you got me, I've turned in my woman haters club card and joined

PETA so I can be closer to Lonette. I don't want to make John L jealous
though so the relationship has to stay on the  q t. For Lonettes side of the

relationship she is supplying feral pigeons from NYC for a pigeon shoot we
are having, then she is going to adopt a couple of children as she has so
much love for humanity.

Harry

Subject:
Lonette to Ken
From:
lonettemckee <flatdaddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:18:35 -0400

Hi Ken,
Yesterday actually I was informed by one of our members here that Dave is an
enemy on PML in the opinion of some on the List. I didn't know that

Date:    Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:50:55 -0600
From:    Ken Strong <strong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lonette to Ken

Lonette,
      I took time to watch the video.   I see that it was produced by Jim
Jenner but also that it was done for Dave Roth.   Now Dave Roth is the
Animal Dave that was and has been referred to on this list.   He has a
reputation and not the best.   He was removed from the list.    It was his
group that paid for the making of the movie therefore it is one sided.   No
less than if I had a movie made saying just the opposite and showed the need

to exterminate pigeons.   I am not saying either is right but I am saying
that Dave has a reputation and is if I remember right against racing of
pigeons.   Therefore it is important to take all things into consideration
and weigh the pluses and minus of each.     Ken
Date:    Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:37:14 -0400
From:    John Sampson <sampsonbrothers@xxxxxxxxxxx>

You are hopeless, I remember when you were on thin ice here, maybe ice out
is comng soon and you'll fall in.. You sound like a mean junk yard dog,  a
retirded cop or both.

I think I'll take some time off for some fresh air scrapping pigeon s---..

John S.
Sampsonbrothers@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.Sampsonbrothersloft.com (check us out)

Subject:
Pigeon Feed
From:
p_flic <p_flic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:04:22 -0400

Some of you, that have time, may wish to validate
the various percentages of protein and fat content
quoted in the commercial feed you purchase.
Maple peas are only grown for pigeon feeds.  Some
reports state they may damage a pigeon's kidneys,
another associates 'panting' with maple peas.

Below is a site where you can download a
FEED CALCULATOR!

http://www.pigeonjournal.com/content/view/252/35

Peter

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com

Re: Moyer Feed:
From:
Bob Ryan <Toyboxloft@xxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:06:16 EDT

puregrain prices are going up again on march 24   i just placed our bulk order and the salesman told me the 24th of march and probably two more increases this year

Re: White stock and all other colors
From:
David Rodriguez <trinipigeon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:35:38 -0400

John L, it's not the skin, but the muscles underneath. The darkness of the muscles is in direct correlation to the depletion of stored fat in the muscles. Replacing of this fat returns the muscle color to red. If it's black, I would be inclined to think that it was caused by a blow. Research has shown that racing pigeons can only absorb 16 to 18% protein, the balance in excess being excreted. I regard Dr. Chalmers as being an expert in the field of racing pigeons, and he has written many articles on them.

David R.
           It's true, too much protein will cause the skin to become dark on a pigeon. Then why do they sell race feed with 22.5% protein? Protein builds muscle. Does it then matter what color skin your pigeons have, if they are winning races with dark skin? Just wondering.

John Lucchese

FW: Moyer Feed:
From:
Tommy Axson <taxson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:55:37 -0400

Bob, did you ALSO get the increase in Jan. of  2008.

Did they quote what percentages the new price would be?

Thanks, <hta>

puregrain prices are going up again on march 24   i just placed our bulk
order and the salesman told me the 24th of march and probably two more
increases this year

9:54 AM

Re: FW: Moyer Feed:
From:
Bob Ryan <Toyboxloft@xxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:27:14 EDT

hello all, i got a new price list dec 31   next price increase is coming march 24  i will have new price list with our order on march 25  no mention of what the increase will be   bobby

Re: White stock and all other colors
From:
Larry Davis <lpdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 22:19:17 -0500

John,
  The reason they sell it is because somebody will buy it.

Larry

           It's true, too much protein will cause the skin to become dark on a pigeon. Then why do they sell race feed with 22.5% protein? Protein builds muscle. Does it then matter what color skin your pigeons have, if they are winning races with dark skin? Just wondering.

John Lucchese

Subject:
the movie is geat
From:
Jim Frees <Kika796475@xxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:31:24 EDT

Lonette, as always you seem to come through with something for everyone. When a little boy I often though a pigeon would make a great pet. I was from a small town and not many pigeons around except the real wild ones in barns and you could not get close to them. I have always felt sad I was exposed to the use of them for dog training and shooting and I would take home the hurt ones to try and save with no luck. My own church here in traverse city had their pigeons poisoned out of the bell tower. Every time I do a dove release there, I still think about the helpless birds flopping around. Your link to the Jenner movie is great and hope lots more people see it, and try some of those projects. The Park Place Hotel in Traverse City here has had pigeon 10 floors up on the roof for 80 years. They don't kill them, and they don't feed them. They did, by decree of the new management team order a complete covering of all air conditions fan etc on the roof top so the baby pigeons would not get killed by being caught in them. I have pigeon friends that kill pigeons and get paid for it. I have pigeon friends???? that pull the head of a bird if it doesn't win at a show. I know a flyer that shoots his pigeon on a race if it doesn't go right in the loft so it wins. There has been talk on here about a sports illustrated mag that shed a bad light on pigeon racing and now the nice one on the discovery channel that promotes races in a better light.     PML is a pretty balanced posting area of thoughts and learning, Thanks for being here and posting. Jim Frees