[photodesk] Re: Photodesk JPEG Rotation

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:27:02 +0100

Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <gemini.j1950t01fkxem01x8.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Why is it that I get an error message saying 'Abort on data transfer
> > > at &0006FB60' every time I first do a 'Image > Rotate > Arbitary' to
> > > rotate a JPEG image?
> >
> > Are you using my boot sequence fix up (PhotodeskDA) to ensure that its
> > dynamic memory is all in lower memory, otherwise there will be a vast
> > number of problems.
>
> I don't have PhotodeskDA in my boot sequence as I have 'Set
> PhotoDesk$DynamicAreaSize 0' in my !Photodesk.!Run file to enable use of
> application memory instead of dynamic areas.
>
> Is that correct?

It is correct if you want it to use application memory, but I have little
experiance of running in that mode, as I normally use a Dynamic area for
some reason. I'll switch mine over and see if I get any problems.

> However, I do have DALimit in my boot sequence - It says:
> "OS_DynamicArea",8,128*1024*1024,128*1024*1024,128*1024*1024

Thats supplied by default with RO5.

> PS - Druck, I noticed you are still using SmartGroups for this list.
>      photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is now operational.

Thanks, I hadn't changed the mailing list settings here at work.

Cheers
---Dave

--
Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx