[photodesk] Re: Photodesk 3.04 on Virtual Acorn

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 13:16:32 +0000 (GMT)

In article <17fae80850.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message of 5 Dec, John Holding <johnxns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I am getting frequent crashes when hanling large jpegs e.g. error
> > message 'Not open for update' - is there something I am missing about
> > using photodesk on VA?

> FWIW, the current version is 3.09 which works OK on my VA on Mac,
> though I have not used it intensively on VA.

Do you use the layers facility - whenever I use the option "Paste into
new layer" and selecting layers#1 I often get the message..........

"This operation may produce unexpected results
as there is no fully opaque background and the layers
have different blend modes. Click OK to go ahead
with the merger or Cancel to abort the operation"

Does anyone know what this means.

When switching between layers #0 and #1 I often get the
following........

"Photodesk has suffered an unexpected error. OK to continue. Cancel to
Quit".

Clicking OK or Cancel usually allows me to continue - if my luck is
in!

I never got these error messages with version 3.06 which even now
seems much more reliable than any of the newer releases. 3.08 was a
nightmare; 3.09 seems to be better but this is on an Iyonix not VA.

I've been in touch with CJEMicros by am still waiting for a reply.

Regards

Richard
(Photodesk 3.09 on RISC OS 5.13)