[photodesk] Re: Photodesk 3.04 on Virtual Acorn

  • From: CJE/NCS Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:50:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat 06 Dec, Richard Ashbery wrote:

> In article <17fae80850.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message of 5 Dec, John Holding <johnxns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > I am getting frequent crashes when hanling large jpegs e.g. error
> > > message 'Not open for update' - is there something I am missing about
> > > using photodesk on VA?
>
> > FWIW, the current version is 3.09 which works OK on my VA on Mac,
> > though I have not used it intensively on VA.
>
> Do you use the layers facility - whenever I use the option "Paste into
> new layer" and selecting layers#1 I often get the message..........
>
> "This operation may produce unexpected results
> as there is no fully opaque background and the layers
> have different blend modes. Click OK to go ahead
> with the merger or Cancel to abort the operation"
>
> Does anyone know what this means.
>
> When switching between layers #0 and #1 I often get the
> following........
>
> "Photodesk has suffered an unexpected error. OK to continue. Cancel to
> Quit".
>
> Clicking OK or Cancel usually allows me to continue - if my luck is
> in!
>
> I never got these error messages with version 3.06 which even now
> seems much more reliable than any of the newer releases. 3.08 was a
> nightmare; 3.09 seems to be better but this is on an Iyonix not VA.
>
> I've been in touch with CJEMicros by am still waiting for a reply.

As I explained at the time, the details of the errors you reported have been
passed to the programmer, who will be able to look into the problem.

Please bear in mind that, as with many RISC OS programmers, the Photodesk
maintainer has a day job which pays the bills and consequently must take
precedence to RISC OS work, which certainly does not pay very many bills
these days :-( Having said that, work progresses at a constant, steady pace.

Andrew

--
CJE Micro's                              'Acorn Centre of Technology'
Tel: +44 1903 523666                             Fax: +44 1903 523679