[phoenix-project] Re: Phoenix copyright

  • From: Georges Khaznadar <georges.khaznadar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenix-project@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:59:42 +0100

Hello,

Pramode C.E. a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was talking to a person over the fsf-friends mailing
> list regarding the participation of Phoenix as part of
> the Linux Bangalore (FOSS.IN) project exhibition. In
> the course of the discussion, the issue of the License
> of Phoenix again came up - I told him it was GPL -

Very interesting indeed. Dear Pramode, do you meen that you shall
release the schemes of Phoenix under a free license? If so, you will be
the first in the world for such a hardware piece, as far as I know.

If the free license is only about the software linked to Phoenix, then
GPL is the good choice.

> is
> it necessary that we put this up explicitly in each
> and
> every source file - or would a single `Copyright' file
> be sufficient? Please do the needful.

adding a header to each file is far from expensive (just 'for file in
list; do cat header.txt $file > $file.tmp; mv $file.tmp $file; done')
Please drop me an e-mail when this is done, I'd be proud of building a
debian and a rpm package for phoenix, and include it in our repository
for teachers immediately.

By the way, I shall distribute a bootable CDROM in three weeks in the
meeting "Educ@tice" in Paris,
http://www.educatice.com/scripts/publish/information.asp?code=1_OVR&language=en
this CDROM will be based on Freeduc-CD (http://www.ofset.org/freeduc-cd)
and offer about 40 applications useful for students in scientific areas.
As our scripts allow to add instantly applications pacckaged for Debian
in this CDROM, I'd like to add phoenix software in it, even if the
physical interface is shipped a little later: people buying this cdrom
will have feedback as soon as possible about the usage of Phoenix with
students in France.

Best regards,                           Georges.

--
Georges KHAZNADAR et Jocelyne FOURNIER
22 rue des mouettes, 59240 Dunkerque France.