philoSOPHIA: a feminist society CFP: Simone de Beauvoir Society

  • From: Sarah LaChance Adams <daughterofwayneandnancy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PhiloSOPHIA list <philosophia-afs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:52:28 -0800 (PST)

Simone de Beauvoir:  Interpretations and Translations for the 21st Century
The 19th International Conference of the Simone de Beauvoir Society will take
place at the University of Oregon in Eugene, Oregon, from June 15-18th, 2011,
hosted by the Department of Philosophy.  We welcome submissions from a broad
range of perspectives, disciplines and locations. To submit a proposal for a
paper, please send an abstract of no more than 800 words in English or French,
and a short Curriculum Vitae which includes your contact details and
institutional affiliation, if any, to the conference organizer:  Dr. Bonnie
Mann
(bmann@xxxxxxxxxxx) by April 1st, 2011.  Conference sessions will be in English
or French, but we may consider sessions in other languages if requested by
participants.

See attached flyer for additional information and for a copy of the full CFP in
English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
Please distribute this call widely and please submit! Sarah LaChance Adams
PhD Candidate, Philosophy, University of Oregon
Instructor, Women's and Gender Studies, UO
Coeditor, Philosophical Inquiry into Pregnancy, Childbirth and Mothering