[pedevel] Re: keywords.cpp with BeOS API symbols

  • From: "BiPolar" <BiPolar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:48:16 -0300 ART

Hi.

> [ keywords.cpp with BeAPI function, classes and such ]

Well, the keywords.pas has all (?) the name of BeAPI classes, basic data types
and functions provided by the RTL in the user's sets (one is still free).

We (the BePascal guys) are happy with it :-), but of course, we could (should?)
put that one as an extra, and use a more conservative keywords file as default.

That "Extras" folder could include custom Glossary's files for common languages
for example (until Pe gains the ability to use per-language glossaries?).

Christian wrote:
> Note: when Pe first starts with this new keyword file, startup takes
> pretty long - about 20 seconds on my Athlon XP@2GHz. [...]

He he, I did a clean install of Pe, and it took ~70 secs to start up the first
time in my K7@900 :-)

Oliver wrote:
> Yes, I have asked Omid about this recently and he replied that they
> (beunited) didn't even know there was such a thing as a nightly build... I
> showed him the Bebits-page which gives beunited as the author and he is
> seemingly still trying to figure that one... >:o)

I may be mistaken, but IIRC, it was Paul who setup those. Maybe you should try
to contact him Oliver, so he can transfer those pages to you?

Later,

Oscar.