[pedevel] Re: feature idea: function pop up window

  • From: Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:52:13 +0200

On 2004-04-15 at 13:36:25 [+0200], Ingo Weinhold wrote:

> OK, then I'll make the window aware of those hierarchical dependencies
> and show an item as long as any subitem matches the filter. It would be
> only selectable, if it matches the filter itself, though, and otherwise
> will be drawn with a lighter color and skipped when navigating with the
> cursor key. Does that sound reasonable?

Yep, I think it does.

I think you made a good choice when ignoring the sorting flag, as the
sorted C++ popup-menu is a mess when dealing with pragma-marks and/or
namespaces. The hierarchies are completely mixed up.
I don't really know how to fix this, we could just filter out pragma-marks
in sorted mode and keep the hierarchies during sort, but this sounds like
real work and I am not sure it's worth it...

cheers,
        Oliver