[pedevel] Re: Cursor movement

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:32:04 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Axel [iso-8859-15] Dörfler wrote:

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, that's how it should be >:o)
Er, isn't that exactly what happens? I don't have Pe at hand at the
moment, but I'm pretty sure about it. At least for normal vertical
cursor
movement. Maybe you're talking about some special case?

No, just standard vertical movement. Since I just "fixed" it, I am pretty sure (even more so) that you're wrong. This one time. Yes! ;-))

I just booted my BeOS machine to verify my statement and indeed, my several months old Pe version does exactly the right thing. For both cursor up/down as well as for page up/down. The only negative thing I realized was, that the stored caret position is reset when a modifier key like Control is pressed and released when being located in the shorter line (just like what would happen when a key is pressed that causes something to be inserted/removed). I haven't tested any of the more recent Pe versions. Trusting that it wasn't just that you had too much alcohol and imagined the bug, I suppose it got introduced recently. ;-)

CU, Ingo