[pedevel] Cursor movement

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pe Develop" <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 23:16:24 +0200 CEST

Hi there,

does anybody mind if I set "catchOffset" to false in the default
handler in PText::DoKeyCommand()?
The effect would be that the cursor would try to keep its current
column in case of vertical movement. If you can't follow me, consider
this:

Line 1: 123456789_
        _ = current cursor position
Then you move one line down:
Line 2: 1234_

Then again:
Line 3: 123456789_

The difference of behaviour occurs in the third line, without the
patch, it would look like this:
Line 3: 1234_56789

Any opinions on this matter?
Eddie even has some advanced cursor movement features as it keeps the
column even when you insert something after you positioned the cursor.
That's very nice when you have to add or remove something from a number
of subsequent lines.

Bye,
   Axel.