[pedevel] Re: 2nd. Suggestion for refactoring of PText

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 02:54:35 +0200

On 2008-04-13 at 01:25:26 [+0200], Oliver Tappe <pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 2008-04-12 at 20:12:23 [+0200], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I didn't catch the P vs C class prefix stuff, is that producer/
> > consummer related or ?
>
> There was a time when I thought I'd knew, but I seem to have forgotten since
> then ;-) Currently, I really have no idea about C and P.
> I just name a class P... if it is a visible element of Pe - everything else
> starts with C...
> If anyone has a better idea or can solve the mystery of C & P, please tell!

I thought C* was for "common" classes, i.e. ones that could be reused
elsewhere, while P* were Pe specific ones. I might be thouroughly mistaken,
though.

> > Btw, anyone here using code folding ? is it worth supporting ?
>
> I never use it except for POD (comment) folding in Perl code (in Eclipse).
> Otherwise I have always found it pretty useless and distracting.

Pretty much the same for me. I only use it in Eclipse for hiding import
lists. I've actually seen people consequently fold functions, inner classes
etc. though. Their Java sources pretty much look like C++ headers, unless
they unfold something. Maybe it's brilliant feature that just needs getting
used to...

CU, Ingo