[PCWorks] Thundbird

  • From: "Harold B." <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC Works_LIST" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 16:01:00 -0400

Hello again ... now that I'm in the 21st Century, some questions about
Thunderbird...
1. Outlook express had a folder bar where I could access all my folders.

2. OE had a preview button where I had a choice of whether or not I wanted to
see (open) any message.

3. In the compose window of OE, all I had to do was click the "To" button and
all the names in my address book would pop up in a "Select Recipients" window
for me to choose a name. Thunderbird has the option of an open sidebar with the
the names in the OE address book listed (even when I don't want to see them).

Thunderbird looks good (thanks, Hugh) and I'm sure I'll eventually be seeing
more differences but where are the above comparable features in Thunderbird?
And am I now supposed to completely delete Outlook Express?