[PCWorks] Acronis backup-attn: Hugh.

  • From: "Anne Nevil" <anne1nevil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:59:30 -0400

Hugh said:
For those who want one of the very best backup solutions (That should be all
of us), get an external drive and Acronis True Image.

Hi Folks,

I am a LONG, LONG time member of this list. I've never written before but
have learned so much from you folks. (Larry B. knows me from a web design
list.)

Hugh just said something about something I've been 'stewing about' all day.

I have used Acronis True Image Ver 7. and know it is very stable. It does a
great 'restore' job.

I purchased Acronis True Image upgrade Ver. 11 in Jan. and have done a
backup but I've read it might not do a good restore. Not as stable as Ver.
7. The Acronis folks  do not seem to be doing any improvements to Ver. 11.

Question to Hugh. Have you put Version 11 to the 'restore test' and had good
luck.

I've been thinking about uninstalling Ver. 11 and putting 7 back on and
doing another backup.

Right now I have a backup of the entire drive, and also backups of each of
the 4 partitions. All done with Ver. 11. These were done in Jan. when I
first got the computer and I'm getting nervous about being WAY overdue...
(My Documents and photos have been copied to external HD last week. Just a
'copy and paste.')

Thanks for this and for ALL the good help I've gotten in the past.

Anne Nevil   Georgia