Re: [PCWorks] YouTube Downloaders (Was: Re: HD Data Recovery)

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 04:24:57 -0600

(David you post didn't go to the list because you didn't remove
the footer.  So I'm just replying to it and I put it below).

Thanks, looks like that version won't work either from the
reviews on its page.  It works "almost" every time?  I guess
it's buggy like all the rest.  I see they have a few more at
that site on its download page, I guess I'll try those.

The problem with all of these I've ever seen, is (if they even
work), they'll only download the low quality .flv version.
99%+ of the videos there have high quality .mpeg versions.  You
can see them by appending &fmt=18 onto the end of the URL.
Even after doing that, most still won't download that version
because it's not an flv file.  What I'm using for FF will
download both but only after you put the &fmt=18 on the end,
and only after several tries each.  What I was and am now using
on FF is a plugin/extension so you don't have to use an
additional program running, you just click an icon on FF's
toolbar and it does the download.  I'm looking for something
like that for IE.

www.keepvid.com is really nice site.  The obviously drawback to
it is having to go to the site for every video you want to
download, but it does work every time, instantly, and they give
you the flv version in the high quality mpeg version at the
same time and you can chose the one you want.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com