Re: [PCWorks] Windows will not update

  • From: LarryB <larryb227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:58:54 -0400

Thanks for the reply Clint.
I got it to work and this is what I had to do.

1. Click Start  Run and type regsvr32 wuapi. dll

2. When you receive the message that the DLL has been registered, click
OK and perform the same steps for each of the following
commands under Start  Run:

regsvr32 wuaueng1. dll
regsvr32 wuaueng. dll
regsvr32 wucltui. dll
regsvr32 wups2. dll
regsvr32 wups. dll
regsvr32 wuweb. dll

After completing this the updates went without problems. I declined to
install SP3 however.

Larry

Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin wrote:
Some that have installed SP3 have this problem but I assume
you're talking about SP2. What are the *exact* messages you're
receiving, have you tried searching for those? Are you
shutting down EVERYTHING that's running in the background?

At that URL's search box, type in: update and look at all
the auto-complete options they've added. Also try: cannot
install and: can't install. Your BITS service may not be
running. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934648/en-us
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner