Re: [PCWorks] Windows will not update

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:56:32 -0500

Some that have installed SP3 have this problem but I assume
you're talking about SP2.  What are the *exact* messages you're
receiving, have you tried searching for those?  Are you
shutting down EVERYTHING that's running in the background?

At that URL's search box, type in:   update   and look at all
the auto-complete options they've added.  Also try:    cannot
install    and:    can't install.  Your BITS service may not be
running. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934648/en-us
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner