Re: [PCWorks] This fix may help others: extremely slow cursor movement when videos are open

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 01:06:19 -0600

If yours is USB, try using it on the PS/2 port, or vice-versa.
I DO remember seeing a reg tag that had "ID" in it, so you
should look for it.  The problem is as you can see in my
first post below, "Logitech" is not mentioned anywhere in
those keys, nor is "mouse".

What you should do, is find all of the mouse drivers
files and search for those in the Registry, that's how I found
those keys below.  Since it's the Logitech drivers I assume
that's causing your problem, I guess I'd do like I did and
unpack the driver file download and look at the files.  But
you're going to have to install the Logitech drivers again in
order to search and find them in the registry.  I'd do it
again, but I have to fix my dad's PC (OE is ruined, more on
that later), but to save you "some" time I searched for
"Logitech" for you and found these areas I pasted below
where "ID" is mentioned.  To also save you some time, these are
NOT in the Registry so there's no point in searching for them:
L8042PRT, LCCFltr, LMOUFLTR.  I don't remember about the rest.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1FE969AE-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}]
@="CordlessHandler Class"
"AppID"="{1FE969A2-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1FE969AE-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}\LocalServer32]
@="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\Logitech\\CdlsHand\\CdlsHand.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1FE969AE-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}\ProgID]
@="CdlsHand.CordlessHandler.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1FE969AE-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}\VersionIndependentProgID]
@="CdlsHand.CordlessHandler"

And the same data above is listed under the keys:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D39F8A6E-F96F-11D2-9AEC-00A0C95AC349}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{1FE969AE-DED4-11D3-943D-00A0248D3BB2}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D39F8A6E-F96F-11D2-9AEC-00A0C95AC349}

Under this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\MouseWare\CurrentVersion\Control
Center\Schemes\.Default\Devices\CordlessOptical6\0001\Usability

At the right pane I noticed a string REG_SZ value for
"NewDevice" that may mean something.  Mine is set to "Off".
That is also listed under:
[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-854245398-879983540-682003330-1003\Software\Logitech\MouseWare\CurrentVersion\Control
Center\Schemes\.Default\Devices\CordlessOptical6\0001\Usability]

When you unpack the driver file, don't forget about the files
also in the "Win2K_XP" folder.  Of course this all probably
moot if you're not using XP or 2K since the drivers may be
different.  I have more reg keys but it's too much to put in a
post so I'll send it off list.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner