Re: [PCWorks] Stray EM fields, CRT's & effects Re: Burning CDs

  • From: David Grossman <dgrossman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 03:36:35 +0200

I don't know what that material is, Peter, but I have no doubt that the
industry will develop an artificial or synthetic replacement well before
2017.

We may not even need monitors. I saw a keyboard replacement at an
exhibition. A picture of the keyboard is projected onto your working area or
table, and you can type on it directly. Similarly, the previews that I saw
of Windows 7 show an onscreen touch keyboard that can replace the regular
keyboard (although it must be very difficult to get any speed typing
vertically!)

Similarly, the industry can find a replacement for screens - either by
projecting them onto the wall or a table or a working area. I don't think we
should worry about the planet running out of materials to build LCDs.

David Grossman

Checked by AVG.
9:56 AM