Re: [PCWorks] Network Problems & other mysterious happenings!

  • From: Phill Argus <phillarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:10:29 +1100

Another possibility for rebooting (gained from bitter experience here in
the back blocks of Au) is "dirty" power from the mains.  Even a
momentary interruption can cause a reboot, depending on the individual
PSU fitted.  Thinking about PSU's, a bad one is another possibility.  To
cure the "glitchy" mains only suggestion I can make is run a UPS.
(Uniterruptible Power Supply)  Perhaps you can borrow one as an experiment.

Phill
(Scorched, burnt, blown away and VERY wet in Oz, at least we haven't had
the earthquakes our mates across the Tasman have copped.)