Re: [PCWorks] Latest MS XP update disabled my internet connection

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 03:46:25 -0500

Yes, there's been several posts regarding problems that it
caused (how could you miss it ;-).  Personally I didn't have
any because I didn't install it, I wasn't going to when I
mentioned how many known issues there were.

What I find strange about this, is it's not listed at the
Windows Update site, at least not for me.  I'm on SP3, but the
patch was also for SP3 on XP.  In fact I only show two updates
available at the Update site, they're not even important,
although Secunia has released info (that I posted) regarding
numerous SP3 updates.  It could be M$ removed this one due to
so many issues, but they couldn't have removed all 4-6 of them.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com